Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day & Brambly Hedge!

 On this "Sweetest" of days, I just have to share one of my most treasured possessions.
(It was a gift from my very first and dear children's book publishing client!)
My  "Winter Story" Brambly Hedge tea cup & saucer! Have you ever heard of Brambly Hedge?  
Oh my, I hope so!    =0)
The official site is filled with delightful information, if you'd like to take a visit. 

This tea cup set is based on a series of children's books, created by Jill Barklem, which involve
VERY endearing little mice characters who dwell in a wonderful little community in the forest called Brambly Hedge.  They have picnics and adventures and  - - - Oh, you just have to take a visit there!

Years ago, I bought four books which were each based on a season, and read them over and over to my children  ~ and myself!!  The illustrations are just amazing, intricately beautiful and so inviting.

I found this fun blog, of a preschool mom who just discovered this enchanting little world of characters!    Hope you have a chance to visit and enjoy!    
Here is an example of one of the sweet characters you'll meet in the books; 
Mrs Crustybread, who is the Cook at Old Oak Palace. She prepares beautiful cakes for all the celebrations of Brambly Hedge.

3 comments:

Laura Bray said...

I love this cup! I love that you use it!

janelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Priscilla Burris said...

Thank YOU for your sweet comment ~

And isn't it just possible that tea or coffee
tastes so much better in a favorite cup?

I think so! =0)

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.