Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Writing and Illustrating for Children

Two little girls with heart shaped lollipops and sunshine giggles, 
sharing secrets on the steps.
This sweet image reminded me again of who our audience is, when we write and illustrate books for children.  Their world is where we want to create from, and we want to give them words and images to hold and treasure.  Some of our stories will make them laugh, and some of our stories will bring comfort.  

What a privilege and honor it is to continue on in our striving to write and to illustrate for them.  



5 comments:

cathyjune said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely picture and your touching sentiments. Very inspiring.

Lori R said...

Looks like Laura and Amy!

rilla jaggia said...

Hey Prishillla,

that lovely photo brings back so many memories...great for a writing exercise!

I am from secrets whispered and smiles shared,
Luscious lollipops on steps warmed by the sun.

R

Priscilla Burris said...

what refreshing and wonderful comments! Thank You, Cathyjune, Lori and Rilla!! I appreciate your thoughtfulness - and yes, the little girls remind me of Laura and Amy!LOL

little ones never fail to inspire!

Tasha Hickert said...

I loved the illustrations in many of my Little Golden Books when I was growing up. Something about the gentle, sweet images that I still love.

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.