Friday, March 12, 2010

Fun Inspirations

So, back awhile, when I was in the gorgeous state of Montana to present a workshop for children's book illustrators, I took a walk down the road and found these friends gathered near a small pool of water.  The air was crisp, the sky blue, the morning quiet, and I was inspired by their friendship and how they would huddle together.  Okay, I'm assuming they're friends, and that they were gathering to catch up on the local gossip, etc.  I'm a children's book writer and illustrator, so it's totally fine for me to assume so much.


Fun inspirations come from all over the place in our lives, our worlds, where we live or where we visit.  So  this week I am sharing this photo, which inspired some character friends who gather, again, near a 'pool' of water to spend time together! and here they are. . . . . .

1 comment:

Sharon Wagner said...

I'm a country girl at heart. Cows always have such a sweet and friendly look on their face.

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.