Monday, May 10, 2010

It's always a good idea to try our artistic hands out, using mediums not terribly familiar, or even comfortable to us, which is what I experimented with in this image.  Using watercolor pencils, I doodled with nothing in mind but to create and have fun in the process, trying out these new-to-me tools.  Finishing up the illustration digitally was an enjoyable blending of both worlds!


It's enlightening and inspiring to visit other artist's websites and blogs to see what they've created, especially with the vast array of mediums and tools out there!  Check out my good friend and colleague, illustrator Heather Powers' portfolio at her website ~ she creates beautiful hand-carved images for her children's book illustrations.  


I'm off to create something else maybe not terribly familiar that's been swirling around in my brain. . .


Hope soon you are enjoying a new-to-you medium or tool, and loving the outcome!

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.