Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Almost Spring! Lots Going On!

As winter is giving into springtime, I am very thankful to be busy finishing illustrations for a sweet children's book, sketching up drawings for a greeting card assignment, preparing for the dummy workshop I'll be presenting at this SCBWI 9th Annual Spring Retreat at a beautiful winery.

Just had an incredibly delightful preschool visit last week, and what a treat that was!  Those precious little 3 year olds were a kick!  =0)  Cracked me up.

I'm also now planning my upcoming visits to local libraries and schools, where I plan to encourage students to try out their artistic muscles, and hopefully inspire them with reading and illustrating and books!

Another great and fun happening for me is painting a round wooden hatbox that will be featured very soon at Earth Safe Finishes!   I'll post photos as soon as they are available to do so here.  I'd love to share a few peeks at what I've been working on...

Have a great weekend !

No comments:

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.