Thursday, April 2, 2009

Springtime 2009

These beauties were just a few of the gorgeous flowers in full bloom throughout the winery where this SCBWI Annual Spring Retreat was held last weekend.   The days were sunny and breezy, the nightsky filled with twinkling bright stars, and the retreat was full of wonderful events and time for writers and editors to chat and enjoy the learning and networking going on. I came away inspired, challenged and ready to move forward with my own manuscripts and projects.  I thoroughly enjoyed the PictureBook Dummy Workshop that I presented because the writers who joined in were so incredibly teachable and talented!   
Met some really great people who also love children's books!


1 comment:

Phyllis Harris said...

Sounds wonderful Priscilla! Wish I could've been there.

Sketches

Sketches
Sketch of Latisha, talented cousin of little Jack.

Finishes

Finishes
These images are finishes from "The Tale of Jack Frost" book. Release date is November 2008.